You will be too smart to cooperate your lawyer, just because you believe that he’s the only one who can bail you out of trouble. While this is certainly true, but not entirely true, and there are few good reasons to mention it.
- The defense lawyer you chose may not have the right kind of expertise and skills to defend you.
- He may be too weak to disclose your case and its details in front of other people who can then cash on it, in future.
- He may not raise the prepare the right set of questions or find evidence in your favor.
This is the reason why people find it hard to believe in their lawyers, especially when they have committed serious crimes. If you’ve been charged with drug offence, there is no better criminal defence lawyer Toronto than Brian Ross Drug Lawyer who can prepare the best case with your cooperation.
Here are some reasons why you need to cooperate with your criminal lawyer.
- Even if the charges against you were right, defense lawyer presents the situation to prove you were not entirely guilty of the crime. He has to go through about your past, your age, your marital life (if you’re married), other relationships, and come up with problems that made you what you are today. This helps turning jury’s sympathy in your favor.
So, if your defense attorney asks seemingly irrelevant questions regarding your case, don’t think he’s being too nosy. His job is to protect you at any cost, and that’s what he’s doing.
- Defense lawyer are the specialists who know what you did and why. They’re the ones to understand the situation in which you had committed a crime, and highlight the points that will favor you. These points should be well-supplied by evidences and proofs to remove charges against you.
- If you’re the only one to believe you haven’t committed a crime, he will be the one to show the court that you’re entirely innocent.
- If you have committed a crime out of your negligence, he will be the one to request for penalty rather than punishment.
So, it is advisable that you should cooperate with your criminal lawyer Toronto in whichever way he advices. Remember; the more time it takes, the less chances you have to be saved, and hiding details of the case can only go against you if it continues for months.
- There are many technicalities in the case, that no detectives, no policemen, even the best authorities cannot find out. A knowledgeable and experienced criminal lawyer Oshawa can highlight those weaknesses in the courtroom, if not to remove charges against you, to blur the evidences and weaken opponent’s case. He may raise in- depth and technical objections hidden in opponent’s case or highlight something rare which others have not considered. In this context, the wit, knowledge and research skills of the defense lawyer are always helpful;.
For instance, if you had been arrested on probable cause; believing you were the criminal, your defense attorney can challenge such arrest, showing that the concerned officer didn’t have the authority or the probable cause to arrest you at the first place. This argument can dismiss the case before trial.