Have you ever noticed how missing teeth can be remarkable when someone smiles? Unlike other lacks and problems in appearance, missing teeth can make an unpleasant smile directly affect other people, especially those who meet you first. For many years, dental implants have been meeting the needs of every patient with problems of missing teeth. Fortunately, the dental implants and cosmetic dentistry industry is improving daily according to the remarkable speed of knowledge and technology development worldwide. As a dental specialist performing dental implants in North York explain, these cosmetic dental treatments have a significant function in replacing missing teeth in patients who lost them for different reasons such as accidents or severe dental traumas.
As patients who have experienced getting dental implants say, most of them, especially ones who have their dental implants done by a professional dentist, don’t feel any difference talking, chewing, smiling with their dental implants compared to their natural teeth. These satisfaction rates make dental implants great options for people with the same problems looking for a suitable treatment. However, the money and the time you should spend on getting dental implants aren’t low, and you are needed to scan every aspect of the dental implants process to see if they are worth your efforts or not. Here we hold all the details you ought to analyze to decide if you are doubtful about getting dental implants.
Who Are Great Candidates to Get Dental Implants?
Most healthy people can be good candidates, but they are generally the necessary conditions.
- Healthy gum and jawbone: dental implants are planted in your jawbone to perform just like your natural teeth. During the surgery, your jawbone should have enough power to hold the artificial dental root placed by your oral surgeon. Also, in case of having any minor or significant gum disease, the process of getting dental implants will be an absolute failure.
- People with acceptable general health: in the past, implant dentists recommended that people with diabetes or hypertension not have dental implants according to their immune system. However, by having considerable improvements in dental implants, it’s now possible for people with controlled diabetes and blood pressure to have dental implants without any specific problems.
- Adequate oral hygiene: having good oral hygiene and condition is another necessary condition to become a great candidate for dental implants.
What Are the Pros of Getting Dental Implants?
If you want to know whether dental implants are worth it, you need to know the advantages of getting them.
- Speech: dental implants are fused to your jawbone, making them not slip from the teeth.
- Eating: dentures or other replacements aren’t as strong as dental implants for eating function.
- Appearance: high-quality dental implants give a great visual look the same as your natural teeth, making them indistinguishable from the natural ones.
- Self-confidence: dental implants quickly bring your lost confidence back and make you comfortable whenever you smile, laugh, and talk.
Getting dental implants is a challenging process that needs determination, so it’s highly recommended to consult with an implant dentist if you still look for more information.